question

ukxan avatar image
ukxan asked

Is it worthwhile getting the GX LTE 4G

Good evening All,

Is it worthwhile getting the GX LTE 4G for my Easysolar GX ?

Due to the location in the garage my system depends on WIFI for VRM connection for remote monitoring etc and my router is being supplied by my ESGX, I sometimes lose connection to the remote console while rebooting or upgrading firmware etc .

Alternately, with advent of 5G would a 5G version of the GX LTE be in the making as well,hence wait for that one?

Many thanks in advance!

1677701203778.png

gx device
1677701203778.png (117.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @ukXan, I can't comment on 4g however I have another potential solution you might like.

It's not as guarantied as an ethernet wire but better than wifi. I've had some success using powerline adapters. Essentially 2 plugs with ethernet ports on them. You Plug one into mains power in the house and ethernet wire into router, then the second plug into mains in garage and the ethernet signal is sent over the power lines).

It's not as reliable as an ethernet wire but in my experience it's better than wifi and probably a cheaper solution than 4g dongle.

May be worth getting one testing it and if it fails send it back.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ukxan avatar image ukxan commented ·
Thanks Matt ,that's a brilliant idea ,will give it a go.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ ukxan commented ·
You need to buy in pairs. Some, if not all, will allow more than two to synch together.
1 Like 1 ·