question

georgebester avatar image
georgebester asked

Carlo Gavazz ET340 used in Single phase but available for later 3 Phase Grid Upgrade

Hi

Thanks in advance

have single phase grid supply

I have a Carlo Gavazz 112 single phase meter used as Grid Meter installed before AC1IN of Multiuplus 2

Set to no grid feedback

However I have many non critical loads that are connected after grid in meter that are not being fed by excess PV power because I have set 112 to 0watts ie no feedback back along AC! IN .

So I need to install a Carlo Gavazz just after meter. I dont want feedback past that new Carlo Gavazz which I will also set as grid meter @ 0W .

Ill change the 112 which Ill leave installed before the AC1IN froim GRID METER to AC LOAD measure .

Now for the questions

1.Can I use a Carlo Gavazz ET340 as a single phase Grid meter so that if and when I upgrade to 3 Phase GRID SUPPLY in the future ill not have wasted the purchase of another 112 and can simply change the Carlo Gavazz ET340 - used in single phase to being used in 3 phase ?

2. Upgrading to 3 phase will also enable maximum grid future feedback if rates become more attractive - is this assumption correct ie use 3 phase to allow maximum power feedback?

This will now allow me to perform feedback to local main board ( and power all those loads via reverse AC1 IN ) which are currently unaccounted for from excess PV Power but stop feedback at the Carlo Gavazz ET340 ie no GRID feedback ?

3. Would this ( Carlo Gavazz ET340 ) be adequate or will I need to install a Schneider and contacter backup power blocker as per NRS 097-2-2:2017 as set out in the attached pdf. I ask becauee when I try and but the Schneider and Contactor the local wholesaler says they dont sell them. Sop it seesm like the Carlo Gavazz ET340 and grid code for Mukltiplus which is on cetified list is good enough

1677660482949.png

redundant power blocker .pdf

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
georgebester answered ·

spoke to a supply technician and he said that no you cant use a three phase in single phase mode ? Still not convinced as the manual seems to say yes

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

georgebester answered ·

Cn somebody from Victron please respond

it says you can use it as single phase @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)
1679574472165.png

1679574472165.png (300.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources