silvester avatar image
silvester asked

Reading SMA tripower with the venus.

i have a offgrid system.

it consist of:

1x sma tripower 10000tl

3x quattro 10000 (3 phase installation)

2x smart solar charger 250/100.

Everything is going perfect .. i miss only the part for reading the SMA inverter.. i read and follow the post of sma inverters.. but still no luck..

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hi all, please please please read the manuals before doing these discussions here. And if you did, then mention it in your initial question and/or your answer, by putting in a link. Not just mentioning it by name.

In this case, the details for all PV Inverter monitoring via Victron are here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#monitoring_pv_inverter_output , and it includes information about SMA.

Its really wasting your own and every body else his time to be discussing these topics without referring to the documentation.

Have a good Sunday evening! :-)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wimscheers avatar image
wimscheers answered ยท

Same problem here, I have 2 Quattro's, 2 Cerbo's and 2 SMA inverters (SB4.0 AV41 and SB5.0 AV41) both running firmware 3.10.36R in the same LAN network. Modbus TCP/UDP server is running on port 502, Unit ID's are different.

1649512934125.png

On Cerbo 1 I see the SMA SB4.0 online, and some strange characters for the SMA SB5.0. It also indicates that it is a 3 pase inverter, while it's a single phase inverter.

On Cerbo 2 I can't detect any of the 2 SMA inverters.Also adding them manually doesn't seem to work.

When I do a port scan on both inverters it indicates that port 80,443 and 502 are open.

According to the manual it should be possible to Telnet the inverters on port 22 and 502, but doesn't work. Also port 22 is not open, so I'm wondering how it was tested.

I also tried to add them via the 'Modbus TCP devices' but no luck...manually adding them didn't work either.

1649512934125.png (12.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Christian Butterweck avatar image
Christian Butterweck answered ยท

...same Problem here with a Raspberry PI 4 and latest Beta. Its a bug of Venus OS.
My tripower connection was loss out of unknown reason. Even deleting the Venus OS settings.xml did not help. I had to reflash the Venus OS SD-Card, after that the connection was working again, the inverter was found automatically by a scan. I didnt use the Venus OS Modbus settings.

2 |3000

at1 avatar image
at1 answered ยท

Hi,

I have the same problem with my three SMA Inverters. 1x STP10 + 2x STP6.

I can see one of the STP6 in the Cerbo GX, but not the others...

And I habe already done the diagnostics mentioned here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:ccgx_sm

I can ping the visible and non visible inverters in cerbo from my PC AND with root from the Cerbo. On both ways I have contact. Moreover I tried to connect the inverters by iobroker Modbus and I can see all values.

So, did somebody find a solution for the communication problem?

Thanks a lot for response!

Arne

1 comment
2 |3000

at1 avatar image at1 commented ยท

Hi all,

I would like to cancle my question. I solved the problem!!!

In my case with 3 inverters in one ethernet, they all have different IPs. In this case I needed to set the Modbus Unit ID in the SMA Sunny Explorer on the same counter (but with different IPs. for example: 1st STP6: 192.168.180.12 - Unit ID 3, 2nd STP6: 192.168.180.13 - Unit ID 3, 2nd STP6: 192.168.180.14 - Unit ID 3 .

Important was, that the Unit ID must be 3!! other counters did not work.

Regards Arne

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic