question

nils1084 avatar image
nils1084 asked

iPhone replaced today, all devices now wanting to pair and won't accept the pin 000000

Ive tried to find a thread that already has the fix for this but can't find one,.. I have a replacement iPhone 12 max today running ios16.3.1 and I have restored this from a backup

now when I try to connect to any of my victron devices

dc-dc charger

smart shunt

mains charger

800 eco inverter

MPPT

it initially tries to connect with the default password 000000 which I have never changed ,,, but then comes up with the message

XXXXX would like to pair with your iPhone enter the code shown on your xxxxx

I have downloaded the victron app for my MacBook and its doing the same

if you open up bluetooth on the phone you can not see any of the victron devices listed to remove them as they do not connect like Apple Watch or airbuds as they are meant to connect by the victron app,

I just don't know what to do?

I can not get at the PUK codes at all as all the boxes inverters etc are installed under my passenger seat and the smart shunt is screwed to the floor under there …. there must be a solution to this

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
rikhf avatar image
rikhf answered ·

Same here, new Adroid in my case. Exactly the same. What can we do??

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rgrver avatar image
rgrver answered ·

Contact company you bought each item from and ask them to get the PUK for you. That's what I had to do with my MPPT, since it was too much trouble to get to the back. BTW, if you bought from Amazon, you should be able to contact the seller through the AMZ website. Good luck.

4 comments
2 |3000

rikhf avatar image rikhf commented ·
Ok, but what do I do with the puk code?
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi,

The procedure to reset the pin code using the puk code is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
nils1084 avatar image nils1084 commented ·
ive got the put code off the labels on the side of two of my devices and its not the PUK code that the device wants

I suspect the issue is that the phone thinks its connecting to a car radio or something with a display and the phone is sending a pairing code which clearly we can not read as the victron devices don't have displays

ive tried from my MacBook, ive tried from friends phones and we've tried from Samsung android, and none of them will accept 000000 or the puk code so I can't connect to any of them

we need victron support manager to intervene here for a once and for all answer

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ nils1084 commented ·

Hi,

Did you fill in the PUK code when trying to pair (when iOS or macOS showed the pin code dialog) or while using the "Reset PIN" functionality in VictronConnect?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

You dont "PAIR" you phone with the device.

Start the victron app and let it find it.

If you did "Pair" it with just the phone bluetooth, delete it from your list of devies and retry from the app alone.

2 comments
2 |3000

nils1084 avatar image nils1084 commented ·
I was pairing it with the app - I can see all 6 of my devices but when I connect to them they want me to put the code in from the device - it’s not after the PIN
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ nils1084 commented ·
Can you make a screenshot of that message?
0 Likes 0 ·
astrayan avatar image
astrayan answered ·

Victron have chosen to go with bluetooth, and it's imperfect. It just doesn't work on 30% the phones you get. The alternative would be wifi, which works all the time, but makes a mess of doing internet updates. Epever have little displays for $40. They really need a cheap Cerbo thing with a display on it, that interfaces with all the other bluetooths around and puts up a summary. The MPPT 100/50 can connect with other MPPTs and sort of gang up. This problem is going to get worse, as bluetooth becomes obsolete, and people can't get anything to work.

2 |3000