question

Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence asked

BYD Battery Box LVL15.4 Shutdown

Have an Off grid system with 2 x LVL 15.4s. The battery shut down and we cant get them restarted.

The system comprises:

1 x Victron Quattro 8kva

2 x Battery Box premium LVL15.4 with BMU

1 x Victron MPPT with PV

1 x Fronius Primo 4.0 with PV AC coupled

CCGX controller.

IT was installed in 2020 and has operated faultlessly.

The battery stopped discharging. DCL went to 0. Battery was at 100% SOC. Monitoring continued until the sun went off the DC coupled solar.

Cant get the battery to re start. The Bottom battery will wake up which in turn wakes up the BMU but the top battery wont light up.

Disconnected the top battery, both DC and Comms, and I still couldn’t get the bottom battery to power up. When I turned it on, I can hear a relay clunk but there is no voltage across the B- to B+ terminals.

Voltage tested.

Top Battery Box – wont start up

B+ to B- 54.5v

Top battery 27.35

Bottom battery 27.2

P+ to P- 0v

Lower Battery Box -will start but still no voltage

B+ to B- 53.5v

Top battery 26.7

Bottom battery 26.75

P+ to P- 0v

I changed all the comms cables, no difference.

The Canbus appears to be working as the BYD is showing up on the Victron Controller. When I un plug the CAN cable it disappears from the Victron Controller.

I updated by Be Connect app and tried to connect to the batteries but it kept giving me a “Battery is busy” message after 7 seconds.

The VRM monitoring shows no errors.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Lithium Battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Lawrence

The battery wont out out voltage for two reasons.

1. Fuse internal has blownSSo will have to be physically checked.

2. The battery will not intialize because there is a problem.

Try connecting the BMU to the one battery only and waiting to diagnose with BE Connect. Usually that will tell you what the issues is.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources