question

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob asked

Victron AutoTransformer Relay Voltage

I am completely off grid in North America, so I don't think I need the relay from the Victron inverter to communicate with the Victron Autotransformer, but just in case I want to trench a wire to connect them for the future in case I am wrong.

I am running 240V single phase from an inverter(s) a length of 700 feet to an AutoTransformer. In addition to the power cables, that distance requires a cable to carry relay voltage from the inverter(s) to the AutoTransformer in order to keep it grounding appropriately and safely in North America (at least for on grid installations, which we are not and never will be).

From the manual my best guess is the inverter will supply 12V for the relay to the AutoTransformer for this purpose. I am trying to figure out what size additional 700 foot cable I need to purchase for this relay connection. From what I understand from musings online, a 10 AWG wire should be sufficient because the voltage drop won't keep the power from being sufficient to operate the relay.

Can anybody from Victron provide the requirements for the AutoTransformer's relay switch so I can get the appropriate cable?

Many thanks.

Autotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers