question

bjt avatar image
bjt asked

Can i use Victron PWM regulator with the new lithium Super pack battery

I have victron PWM 30 A regulate with controller and I wonder if I can use it with the new Victron lithum super pack batterty or do perhaps do I have to use a regulater between the PWM regulater and the battery for overload?

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You can use a PWM but they are noware as effecint as the newer MPPT units

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bjt avatar image bjt commented ·

thanks, I have tryed Mastervolt, but it didn't work out and I think it's because I have 32 cells solarpanel...I only got just over 0 amp...I think you have to have more cells....

0 Likes 0 ·
Vihann avatar image
Vihann answered ·

only the latest PWM charger with LCD can charge lithium batteries, as far as I know.

2 comments
2 |3000

bjt avatar image bjt commented ·

thanks, I have the LCD and what I can see...there is a 4:th alternativ to do manuel settings...for the victron super pack is it 14,4 volt & float 13,3 volt? ... or should I set i lower to be on the safe side?

0 Likes 0 ·
Vihann avatar image Vihann bjt commented ·

I would make the voltages a 14.2V for absorption and 13.5V for float to rather have it safer

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources