question

agonzalez avatar image
agonzalez asked

MPPT 100/30 current output settings & MPPT 100/30 + Battery Protect

Hi there,

I have 270W solar system with 12V Battery bank 480Ah and a MPPT 100/30 charge controller with a Battery Protect.

My first question is: If is it possible to choose the current output from the batteries through the charge controller/VictronConnect app respectively? (My load needs 4Amps)

The second one is: If is it necessary to have both protections (charge controller and battery protect) since in the manual apparently protects the batteries in the same way (over voltage and battery discharge)? In the beginning i thought was a good idea since the MPPT 100/30 has no load output.

Is it possible to set the current output through a "virtual load output" with a VE.Direct TX digital output cable? Do someone has already try it?

I will appreciate your time and feedback

Kind Regards,

Alberto

VE-Direct-TX-digital-output-cable-EN.pdf

MPPT ControllersBattery ProtectVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @agonzalez@hsuw.de,

Not completly sure what you are asking but the MPPT that do not have a load output can control a battery protect or relay to work in the same was as the load output but without the current measurement function. You can see or set the current.

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.