question

ben avatar image
ben asked

Autotransformer breaker tripping

I have the 100A/32 autotransformer set up on the output of my inverter, to create split-phase 120V/120V from the 240V output.

For the first year, this AT has worked flawlessly.

Last month, I experienced two trips, I believe due to >32A imbalance on the legs. (I had a new load that was quite large and that was coming on when I wasn't aware of it.)

Since then, I have now had two more trips, both under relatively high load (about 50A) but not 100A, but with almost no differential current flowing on the center tap.

I am trying to figure out what to do next. Is there a chance my breaker (it looks like a 2-pole, 100A DIN rail style custom-size model) could just need to be replaced? If so, is that something I can do in the field? If so, is there a way to source a replacement breaker from Victron?

Autotransformer
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Is the little blue button on the right coming out? In the picture it looks that way. If so, then that is an over temperature event.

0 Likes 0 ·
ben avatar image ben ♦ wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

It is not coming out, no. The picture is just the stock one from the website collateral.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

This turned out to be a defective unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.