question

cw8 avatar image
cw8 asked

Should Multiplus show up in the Cerbo DeviceList?

When I go into the Cerbo WiFi AP and access the control page (172.24.24.1), I cannot see the Multiplus (12/3000/120). I see only three things in the Device List: BMV-712, Notifications, and Settings. Is the Multiplus supposed to show up? If it is supposed to, any suggested troubleshooting?

Multiplus and Cerbo are connected via brand new Victron RJ45 cable. All firmware is up to date.

(For anyone who read my previous question, https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/185874/possible-bad-cerbo-gx.html, even without the DMC hooked up, the Multiplus does not show up.)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @cw8

The Multi should show up on Remote Console.

You mention RJ45 cables, but in neither question do you say where they're connected. Also, best to keep bluetooth (and even the DMC) out of it until you sort it. Maybe a pic or diagram so we can see what you're actually doing. More info.. at this point we have no idea whether it's miswired, or even if you've read the manual. Such is troubleshooting,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cw8 avatar image
cw8 answered ·

Hi @JohnC - Thanks for letting me know that it should show up. Given that knowledge, I reviewed everything and found something stupid, both on my part and on Victron's. The Cerbo GX manual has an diagram that shows the mirror image of what you see when you are looking down on your device. I was hooked the MP up to VE.Can not VE.Bus! As soon as I switched it, everything worked, including also using the DMC.

Manual:

cerbomanual.jpg

Device:

cerbodevice.jpg

The way I have my Cerbo installed, I could only see the top, as pictured, so I hooked up my MP to the far right-hand-side RJ45, as shown in the Manual. I did not notice that the manual image is a reverse image of the actual device. Silly on my part. Inexcusable on Victron's.

cerbomanual.jpg (136.9 KiB)
cerbodevice.jpg (84.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@cw8

Stefanie has advised that this image has already been corrected and is awaiting publication in the next manual update. Sorry it gave you grief, and thanks for reporting. (Seems you may not be the first to be foxed by this).

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources