question

chuys10 avatar image
chuys10 asked

Shunt size for 400V Electric vehicle pack

I am looking at the 500A Smartshunt for my electric truck with a lithium pack and total voltage of 344V (that will soon be upgraded to 400V).

I know 500A is more than enough since my truck can't make it over 200a even at full acceleration on a full charge, but I am confused about the: "supply voltage range 6.5-70vdc" listed in the specifications. Will this only work with battery packs up to 70vdc?

Will this shunt work for my 400vdc application?

Also, how much will pairing a VE.Direct Smart Dongle with this 500a Smartshunt extend the shunt's bluetooth capacity?

SmartShuntbattery capacity
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That's correct, the SmartShunt supports battery Voltages up to 70V DC.
The BMV-700H is a high Voltage battery monitor. It supports battery Voltages up to 385V DC. Of course if you increase your battery Voltage to more than this, then this product would not be any good either. That is the highest Voltage battery monitor in the range unfortunately.

If you do use a BMV-700H, it does not have Bluetooth built in, so you would need to use the VE.Direct to Bluetooth Smart dongle with it regardless.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources