question

ralga2023 avatar image
ralga2023 asked

Lights keep going out

Hi Everyone,

We recently had a system installed, SmartSolar MPPT 100|50 & pure sine wave inverter phoenix 12 | 50, and 4 panels. We have 2 large batteries.

We have 3 cabins that have been connected so that we can have light. We are seeing that the lights keep going off and we need to actually turn the inverter completely off.

Anyone got any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Apologies if I've not included any other relevant details but this really is very new to me and I'm no electrician.

Any help gratefully received.

MPPT ControllersPhoenix InverterStreetlight
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@RALGA2023

What inverter is it? or are you running 12v lights?

Or have I misunderstood the pheonix 12/50 is not the mains charger?

I would suspect the batteries are not properly charged. What is the voltage of the batteries? You may need to get a BMV so you have a better idea of what is going on there with SOC.

1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

the battery will more than likely be going below the inverters min voltage and thus its turning off,

usually means a flat battery.

so to answer more we need the systems dc voltage just before it turns off, and as much other info ie whats the load at the time of shut down as you could be drawing more than the inverter can provide.

more info please

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.