question

cheedalu avatar image
cheedalu asked

VRM API with Python for extracting data

I have little programming knowledge, so I would immensely appreciate any help I could get about how to extract data from the VRM portal to a spreadsheet automatically using a python integration. Example of data I would like to extract include Generator run hours, grid supply hours, power yield (gen, solar and grid) and power consumed (gen, solar, grid, battery).

I know you can extract this data with an excel sheet from the website, but it doesn't contain data on grid supply hours. I would also generally prefer using a program to automate the data capture.

Thank you.

apipython
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

I think this might help:

VRM API documentation (victronenergy.com)

If your program is running 24/7 i suppose you could also instead read and record the data yourself form venus os/cerbo gx using Modbus TCP built into venus os/cerbo gx. Removes the reliance on external cloud service/VRM. and you can capture whatever data you'd like.

I'm not familiar with python but I imagine it's easy enough to find a modbus tcp reading library. and save the data to csv for reading within excel.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cheedalu avatar image cheedalu commented ·
Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic