question

drpaedu avatar image
drpaedu asked

[Feature Request]: Tank 140 -> Venus OS Voltage resolution

In case the Victron crew is following: Voltage readings from a Tank 140 device can be calibrated with 0.1 V precision in Venus OS. My problem: the sensor delivers around 0.09-0.12 V at empty tank level (drifts a bit with temperature). Now, when a set the zero point to 0.1 V i receive sometimes errors at empty tank states. When I set the zero point to 0.2 V, the tank level is 20 liters incorrect at empty state. In case the Tank 140 has enough A/D precision I would appreciate if the zero point calibration could be made with 0.01V (or 0.05V) precision. Thanks for considering.

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
roamer105 avatar image
roamer105 answered ·

If you root your GX device (see victron documentation or references within this forum) you can use dbus-spy to view and set tank devices. Using dbus-spy you can set the precise voltages for empty and full.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matthew-hodder avatar image
matthew-hodder answered ·

I’d love to see this additional resolution as well. I’m running a set of 4 Safiery pressure differential sensors and they recommend setting the empty voltage to 0.05V which can’t be done.

I’ll look into the rooting option but would hope it’s an easy thing to update!

1 comment
2 |3000

matthew-hodder avatar image matthew-hodder commented ·
just confirming that dbus-spy works well, just SSH into the Cerbo and run dbus-spy as a command, you can then select the device/service and update the settings on the backend. Would be good to have that on the gui - but this certainly works.
0 Likes 0 ·