question

gewoonpeter avatar image
gewoonpeter asked

How to set Peukert to MultiPlus 12/3000/120-16 because wrong percentage of charge

Hi, I'm Peter,

Since a few weeks I own a few Victron-products, all works good, but get stuck at a few settings.

Hope that somebody can help me out!

I've a VW Crafter-van, with a MultiPlus 12/3000/120-16 with original a GEL-accu.
This accu i've changed for a 300a LiFePo4. Then I updated all firmware (156-->501) and changed all settings to Lithium, like charge at 14.4v instead of 13.8 ect.

Also I changed the Accumonitor from 90 amp to 300 amp, at the first tab.

All looks good, but its not completly: My percentage of says 50%, where it is 0% in real.

So my 12v LiFePo4 it for example: 10-11v, but VRM says: 50%

schermafbeelding-2023-02-14-om-002012.png

I figured out, that this looks like my "Peukert-setting". My guess it that its now like 1.25 and has to be 1.05.

I can not find where to change this "Peukert".

I've tried all tabs in VE Config and the newer VictronConnect.

Offcourse I unlock the settings, but still cannot find it.

The only examples in screenshots, are in a BMV-712, what i don't have.

So please. can somebody point me to Peukert, of help me find the solution, for this "wrong battery percentage"?

I'm looking for something, like this below.

Note: this screenshot, is not mine, but the example !!

screen-shot-2021-12-27-at-53130-pm.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Peukert factor is only set in battery monitors like the BMV-700 or SmartShunt. It is not available in the much simpler battery monitor in the Multiplus. The Multiplus battery monitor is much simpler and if you have things like Solar it does not necessarily allow properly for this. Until you get the battery nearly full you will not get a good reading on the SOC value, get the battery fully charged by connecting the Multiplus to a power supply then see how it works.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gewoonpeter avatar image
gewoonpeter answered ·

Thank you.. This I will do tomorrow, keep you updated !

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You need a BMV or SmartShunt.

The MultiPlus can only "see" the current that goes through it, every DC current from loads or charging can't be used for calculating the SOC.

2 |3000

gewoonpeter avatar image
gewoonpeter answered ·

I've a SmartShunt in the network, but for measure a particular 12v-circuit.

To my MultiPlus i've also attached a VE. Bus Smartdongle.
But for what i read now, this is only V-measure, not amp like the shunt does.

Screenshot, i selected the VE. Bus Smartdongle as accumonitor:

schermafbeelding-2023-02-15-om-104152.png

To simplify for myself: do i understand you right, by: I have to add a second shunt to my whole circuit, to the battery itself?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Yes, it's the only way to get accurate battery information. It goes between the battery negative and all connections that would normally go to the battery negative.
0 Likes 0 ·
gewoonpeter avatar image
gewoonpeter answered ·

Update....

I've ordered a BMV 712 and a Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A

Also i've made a complete schematics (my first one)

schermafbeelding-2023-02-15-om-222636.png

2 |3000