question

dani avatar image
dani asked

Multiplus ii increases the frequency, and fronius error 105

Hi, I'm Daniel. I have a question about my ESS system.

It is an ac coupling system with fronius primo 5, and multiplus ii 48/5000, and 360Ah of 60v batteries.

The fronius is in ac out configured in mg50.

The question is that when I lose the voltage (ac in), the system continues to work in isolation (all correct). When the voltage (ac in) is restored, the multiplus increases its frequency until the fronius disconnects (error 105), until a few minutes pass and it synchronizes again..., all this regardless of the battery soc.

Does anyone know what this behavior is due to?

Thank you.ac-in.jpgfrecuencia.jpgfronius.jpg

Multiplus-IIAC PV CouplingFronius
ac-in.jpg (21.3 KiB)
frecuencia.jpg (18.6 KiB)
fronius.jpg (19.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mmh avatar image
mmh answered ·

Hi we also see this error on our installation at a hospital in Africa.

Only solution so far was to switch of Loss of Mains detection - not ideal. I wonder wether we need to also change firmware, currently running latest version with MG50 setting

@Rob Duthie Rob can I contact you? Please PM me on @mmh

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi

Yes you can.

-1 Like -1 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

All depends what Ver firmware the Fronius is running as the lateset ver cause issues with shutting down and pulsating etc.?

1 comment
2 |3000

dani avatar image dani commented ·

I have version 3.29.1 of fronius firmware

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

That number is software firmware is diffrent number it normaly need to login into the fronius web to look at it.

I presume you have a Primo?

The Fronius firmware when installed changes it numbers to software number to confuse the issues

They some times overlay the version number with updates.

Just checked back on the logs yes that version can be a problem with MG50

When was the last firmware update?

The firmware version i know that works OK in MG50 mode is fro32070. i re installed via the USB stick.

ver fro33350 had issues with MG50, they had a new update come out ver fro33500 no mention in the logs about MG50 fixes yet?

Regards

Rob D

NZ

4 comments
2 |3000

Right now I'm upgrading to 3.25.2-1

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks, if it is a cousin, right now it has been updated to the latest version, 3.25.2-1. I will observe the operation, and if it is not correct, I will look for version 32070 and I will install it by usb.

By the way, never install a firmware by usb, where can I find old versions or to do it? Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie dani commented ·

Hi

I have the old version on file if required. install with a USB stick loaded with only the Fronius firmware. I have done it and it vworks OK.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
dani avatar image dani Rob Duthie commented ·

The latest version of firmware 33500 is already installed. I confused it with the data manager. I'll try to see if it's resolved. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·