question

der-neue avatar image
der-neue asked

Data point AC loads from where? (NodeRed/Modbus)

I'm looking for the data point AC loads in NodeRed.

Can someone help me out where to find it.

If necessary also via ModBus. I need the data point in IoBroker.

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
johnone avatar image
johnone answered ·

Hi,
I'm also trying to work out how to make my way around the Victron manual soup!
I see from this post that modbus register 817 (unit ID is 100) returns 'AC consumption L1' - is that what you want?
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/46108/how-to-calculate-ac-loads-value-not-a-modbus-param.html

On this post, eventually the Victron staff person felt able to disclose that, if you don't have an external meter, the 'system' node shows 'AC consumption L1'
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/136997/venusos-large-with-node-red-ac-load-dc-load-and-ot.html

I've tried both of the above and they do work.

Obvs, 'AC load' and 'AC consumption' aren't the same thing, but seem to be used interchangeably at times. Does that help at all?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

der-neue avatar image
der-neue answered ·

Looks good at first.

Thank you for the detailed answer.

However, I need the values of L1,L2,L3 together.

Ac Loads L1,L2,L3 together and critical loads separately.

2 |3000

tyr avatar image
tyr answered ·

I was faced with the same problem - my solution is to use nodered and the statistics node to sum up several topics. I fetch them via mqtt (faster than modbus, sum them up and then publish them to new mqtt topics (ACLoadsSum, CritLoadsSum, MPPTYieldSum, ...).

It's fairly easy and several other systems can make use of them like my openwb wallbox, homeassistant, esphome,...

2 |3000

der-neue avatar image
der-neue answered ·

can you send me an example flow?

2 |3000