question

bm97ppc avatar image
bm97ppc asked

Can I use an assistant (timer) to control AC In on a Quattro?

Can I have 2 AC feeds into a Quattro (AC IN 1 & AC IN 2) and disable AC 1 between 04:00 to 23:59 everyday.

Basically use a second supply (attached to AC IN 1) on cheap rate between 00:00 and 04:00.

I know AC IN 1 will take precedence over AC IN 2 and I could put an external contactor / timer on it to achieve this but wondered if I can do it with an assistant?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I presume that there is no sort of GX device connected to the Quattro.
A Quattro doesn't have a real time clock in it, so it's not possible to perform time based functions in it. Time based functions would need to be performed by an external device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bm97ppc avatar image
bm97ppc answered ·

Yes Cerbo GX is available, so I assume this would be Node-Red then. OK so can the AC input be disabled via Node-Red?

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Node-Red may not be necessary. There is a way to do it using a combination of assistants and the CerboGX for doing the time base functions.

Have a look at this document:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/drafts:acin_ignore_timer_using_ccgx_gen_start_stop_example

1 Like 1 ·