question

rubicon avatar image
rubicon asked

Bluetooth adapter for Cerbo GX

Will the TP-Link UB400 adapter work using the Victron app with an iPhone - OS vs Windows. It’s on the approved list but the TP-Link specs only mention Windows devices.

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Rubicon

Definitive answer: Yes (because I use the UB400 too)

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rubicon avatar image rubicon commented ·

Does to Tp-Link really increase the bluetooth’s reliability and signal strength? Is the Cerbo GX built in bluetooth reliable enough without the addition of an adapter?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ rubicon commented ·
@Rubicon

The stability of the internal BT is rather dependant on the internal temps of the cerbo. In an ambient if 25°C the internal one does become patchy I have found. The internal temps are much higher.

I also have the external BT now. Signal still is only about the BT standard up to 10m.

1 Like 1 ·
jacknewton avatar image
jacknewton answered ·

As I have gathered, it is possible for the TP-Link UB400 adapter to work with the Victron app on both iPhone - OS and Windows. However, it's essential to ensure that your device is compatible with the TP-Link UB400 adapter and the Victron app before using it. You can check the specifications of both devices and the compatibility requirements on their respective websites to confirm that they will work together. https://www.upsers.app

1 comment
2 |3000

rubicon avatar image rubicon commented ·
The TP-Link specs state the adapter is only compatible with Windows not Mac. However, we are using the Victron Connect App to connect to the BT. Based on the feedback, it appears the UB400 works with an iPhone. Please correct me if this isn’t correct.
0 Likes 0 ·