question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.93~3 available for testing

UPDATE 2023-02-13: v2.93 is released officially now: https://professional.victronenergy.com/news/detail/186/

UPDATE 2023-02-07: a newer version, v2.93~3 has been released today; fixes a Scheduled mode issue with the EV Charging Station. Otherwise, still the same as below:

Good day all,

Per just now, v2.93~2 is available for field testing. The aim is to do a very short release cycle, one or two weeks, and then go back to testing the v3.00 beta series.

In the meantime, the v3.00-beta firmware is not available for download from our servers.

Here are the changes in v2.93~2, compared to the current official release, v2.92:

• Fix a problem where Remote Console wouldn't work, and required a factory reset to restore. Any systems now having the issues will be fixed automatically once updated to v2.93.
  • Add the new Scheduled mode and more for the EV Charging Station. Fixes "unknown" showing when the EV Charging Station is configured for that mode. For more information on that, read here.
  • Fix timezone bug related to ESS Scheduled Charging: after changing the time zone, a reboot was required to make that use the new time zone. Bug was introduced in v2.80. Thank you Patrick M. for your help on this!
  • Restore Modbus-TCP register 31, VE.Bus State. Per a recent version, that register returned "Ext. control" which broke customer implementations. Now the register will return the usual status (Bulk, Absorption, Float, etc) again, when the inverter/charger is in fact externally controlled by a smart battery.
  • Fix detection issue with certain batch(es) of Zigbee/RS485 converter used to wirelessly connect energy meters.
  • VE.Can/NMEA2000: Add support for Dragonfly manufacturer code for WS500.

In case of any issues, please report. I'll make sure to be a bit more responsive then lately with the v3.00-beta series!

All the best, Matthijs

ps. anyone looking for the latest situation on v3.00 beta, read here.

Venus OS
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

UPDATE 2023-02-07: a newer version, v2.93~3 has been released today; fixes a Scheduled mode issue with the EV Charging Station. Otherwise, still the same as v2.92~2.

1 Like 1 ·
Martin Gasthuber avatar image Martin Gasthuber mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi,

will that update revert the firmware update regarding the MK3 firmware on the Multis done by one of the latest v3.00 releases ?

best Martin

1 Like 1 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Martin Gasthuber commented ·
Hi @Martin Gasthuber , good question! yes, the MK3 firmware will automatically be downgraded to the version shipped with Venus OS v2.93.

Which is not a problem; also there is no risk of an inverter/charger shutdown during that downgrade.

When later installing v3.00, the user will have to manually trigger the update again (including the small risk of a short inverter/charger shutdown) as documented in the v3.00 release notes.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ádám B avatar image Ádám B commented ·
hello, any estimation when the v3 Venus OS is coming back for testing?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
mr-manuel avatar image
mr-manuel answered ·

Unfortunately I don't see the 2.93~3, but the 2.93~2. Is it not published yet?

1675665388378.png

1675665388378.png (31.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi! Good one, its a typo from me. All the 2s and 3s was getting me confused.

v2.93~2 is the available version, and contains all changes mentioned above.

I edited my post to reflect the same.

4 Likes 4 ·
matthias-roetzer avatar image
matthias-roetzer answered ·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy),

Node Red: I've downgraded from V3.0.0~15 to V2.93~3. That was a bad idea for me. The Victron nodes are now back to the old style. Unfortunately I didn't think about that before downgrading :(. Now I'd like to install V3.0.0~15 again. I was looking for it online, but no success. Is it available somewhere for download? Even if I have to update manually I think this is the better choice than to rework the flows two more times.

ESS minimum SoC: was changed by the downgrade to 25%, previously I had 90% configured. This didn't cause any damage. But I'm thinking, what if other parameters changed as well which I haven't recognized yet?

BR, Matthias

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Matthias Roetzer , have you tried reverting to v3.00 via the Backup firmware feature, in the menus?

I can see how, for Node-RED and especially with all the improvements in v3.00, downgrading is an issue.

I expect to have a new v3.00 this week.

For the change in minimum SOC setting: thats strange. I’m not worried about other settings; but could be good to check them.

Downgrading is always a bit complicated; sorry for that!

0 Likes 0 ·
matthias-roetzer avatar image matthias-roetzer mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @mvader (Victron Energy)

Many thanks for the hint about reverting. It went fine. Sorry for bothering you! I should have seen the obvious myself.

BR, Matthias

0 Likes 0 ·
Bert Beijl avatar image
Bert Beijl answered ·

96e64c48-3c31-4639-8969-7ea20d15d5a2.jpegHello Matthijs,

I updated my Raspberry Pi 3 with touchscreen to v2.93. The touchscreen hangs on startup. The remote console runs OK. Back to v2.92, no problems.

Regards, Bert

2 |3000

Related Resources