question

tranzorb avatar image
tranzorb asked

Multiplus II 48/10000 parallel operation

Hello All,

Sorry since this question must have been asked a 1000 times, but actuallly the Victron documentation is not clear at all. Question is :

Can Multiplus II 48/10000 be paralleled?

English Manual say no on some parts (not a real no, but not mentionned, page 28), yes on others (page 32), and paralleling is mentionned in numerous pages never excluding the 10000.

French manual (I am french by the way, so this is the one I referred to when buying my units!!) says yes everywhere in the manual, in no way there can be a doubt that it is possible or not. But French datasheet says no....

But I am reading in some places (on this forum) that it is not possible.

So Mr Victron, could you please make all that clear?

Thank you,

Fred

Multiplus-IImultiplus in parallel
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob commented ·

@Tranzorb

I had this same issue with 2 x 48/8000 after the dealer said they could be paralleled and the manual, as you list, said they could be paralleled only to find out they cannot be paralleled.

Victron is working on fixing the manuals and they have agreed to replace our inverters at no cost to us. Now we're just trying to figure out the best inverter(s) selection to meet our needs. Good luck to you, I think you will find Victron is working to remedy this confusion.

0 Likes 0 ·
myvicrocks avatar image myvicrocks alaskannoob commented ·

I am in the same situation with two Victron Multiplus II 48/10000/140-100/100, what issues were you experiancing based on the paralleling

1 Like 1 ·
alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob myvicrocks commented ·

I had not yet taken them out of the box.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Hi, the data sheet is fairly clear, see below, but the manual is generic. I will mention this to team documentation.

For parallel (not for 8k, 10k and 15k models) and three phase operation, remote monitoring and system integration

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Is the ability to parallel this unit still work in progress? I'm looking to upgrade an installation with one if these installed do double it's output ability.

2 |3000