question

dandenson avatar image
dandenson asked

cerbo + ruuvi logic issue

Hello, I'm struggling to get desired behavior out of a Cebro with a Ruuvi.

I want to close the NO relay 2 when temperature drops below a certain number, and then deactivate when it gets over a certain number. ie, to heat a battery box.

I have the ruuvi connected and reading 21C. I've set the relay to activate at 23 and deactivate at 25. Just for testing.

The Cerbo can see that it's at 21C, but it shows active with the range of 23-25.

Now, flipping the logic. Activate at 22, deactivate at 0. Shows active, but if I reduce the activate to 16 it should deactivate the relay. However, it does not. Still shows active.

Am I doing something wrong here? Can someone straighten me out on the logic?

cerbo gxruuvi sensors
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
what are you using to do the controling, some details in this area would be helpfull.
0 Likes 0 ·
dandenson avatar image dandenson Paul B commented ·
Cebro GX, ruuvi sensor for temps, and then I'm just trying to turn Relay2 on to run a heater in the battery box. I only want the heater on if it's under 5C and then to run until it gets up to 10C. I can't convince the cerbo to take those numbers and trigger the relay as expected.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
dandenson avatar image
dandenson answered ·

Just want to bump this one up. I'm at a stand still. This should be a very simple toggle. Turn heater on in box when it's cold, shut it off when it's warm. I cannot get any combination of settings to do this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @dandenson
It's a very simple toggle and working like intended.

Perhaps you can show us the settings of the relay and also an overview from VRM so that we can see exactly what happens.

bildschirmfoto-2023-02-14-um-202440.png

bildschirmfoto-2023-02-14-um-201951.png

2 |3000

Related Resources