question

svviolethour avatar image
svviolethour asked

GX Touch 50 Non-responsive to touch after CerboGX reboots

Has Victron ever addressed or responded to the known issue where the GX Touch 50 displays system status but doesn't respond to touch? Rebooting the CerboGX through certain power disconnect steps generally fixes the problem, but I'd like to know if they can explain why this happens and if there are proper steps to follow when disconnecting the CerboGX to ensure it works on the first try. It seems strange they haven't documented this because it gives the appearance of a hardware defect.

Today I needed to disconnect the CerboGX briefly to work on batteries, which I did by pulling the Cerbo's fuse out of the positive power wire, and when I reconnected the Cerbo, the GX Touch booted up into the non-responsive condition. So then I rebooted Cerbo by pulling out its DIN-style pos/neg power connector, and then GX Touch booted in responsive state.

It's concerning to have an unresponsive GX Touch though and not know why it's happening. Can we say that the correct way to reboot Cerbo is by pulling its power supply coupler (positive+ground) and GX Touch will then always reboot in working order?

cerbo gxtouchscreen
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

normally this should not happen, there have been fw updates for the cerbo, so make sure you are on the latest fw.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources