question

msleiman avatar image
msleiman asked

CCGX interface with third-party processors/loggers

Hello, I am working on a research off-grid PV system for a University and it is essential to collect the data measured to an external micro-controller for further processing. I am using the CCGX to collect and monitor system parameters and would like to know if it is possible to interface the CCGX to a thrid-party micro-controller via CAN bus or RS-232 for example. In general I would like advice on whether or not it is at all possible to interface victron monitoring solutions to a third party controller. Thanks.

battery chargingCCGX Color Controlmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Pat Davitt avatar image
Pat Davitt answered ·

Yes, the CCGX has built in Modbus TCP support. I use an industrial PLC and it works seamlessly.

Pat

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt commented ·

Sorry for the short answer, I was on my phone. Suggest you read the following documents:

Victron Modbus TCP FAQ

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:modbustcp_faq

Victron Modbus TCP Register List can be downloaded from here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/whitepapers

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
msleiman avatar image msleiman commented ·

@Pat Davitt I received more information from the research team. It seems they have a MQTT broker and wondering if we can change the settings of the CCGX to send information to that MQTT broker via TCP rather than sending it to the Victron MQTT broker. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt msleiman commented ·

That's a little out of my wheelhouse. I know the CCGX has an MQTT Functionality built in, but am not sure how it all works. There is a lot of information on the Victron Website about MQTT. I would think there is a way to do what you want.

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic