question

abrahamsolar avatar image
abrahamsolar asked

Quattro specifies 100 amp AC input breakers, but what trip curve is best?

Hi from Colorado~

To protect the AC input on a set of Quattro units, the manual says install a circuit breaker rated for 100 amps but can @CharlieJ or others tell me Victron's recommended trip curve for the protective AC breaker?

This is also known as response curve in some regions. For community members who wish to study trip curves further & learn the terminology, here's a handy document:

https://www.c3controls.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/c3controls-Understanding-Trip-Curves.pdf

Thanks & Jolliness~

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargersystem design
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kai avatar image
kai answered ·

Most sensitive curve you can use without causing nuisance trips. Assuming there's no other issues like selectivity/discrimination. Suspect a B would work, but would be interested to know what the "official" recommendation is.

I used a C in my install because it was easily available and I didn't see choice of curve as a critical issue in my application.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.