question

intrerio avatar image
intrerio asked

ZTT Batteries

Good day friends. I bought Victron Quattro II 5000 cause in Ukraine now very big problems with electricity. This is very good item and I'm very happy with it. But I have some problem. My wife bought two Lithium batteries 100Ah per one 48v from ZTT LLC (zttcable.com). This is good factory and ZTT is the general partner of Ukrainian Electricity Systems - Ukrenergo and DTEK. When I connected batteries to my invertor, batteries are working, charging but from time to time goes down to alarm. I see that no connection between BMS-CAN of invertor and batteries. I call to tech support of ZTT and they helping me now to connect this everything. But they told that I need to buy RS485 to RJ45 Convertor. I also make an order for it but maybe somebody know is it really need this convertor or maybe I need to make normal cable? Or maybe somebody know how to connect Victron with third-party batteries. I also read manual about 3d-party batteries and no one article can't help me. Please help with some information cause this invertor help for me and my family to make heat in my house. Thank you

Lithium Battery
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Not much info on the zttcable.com website.

0 Likes 0 ·
intrerio avatar image intrerio klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Yes. I talking with manufacture every day and they sending me info what I need. But I can't understand what kind of info I need from them
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ intrerio commented ·
Victron works with CAN communication based on, iirc, NMEA 2000 messaging standards.

There is some public (unofficial) information available for this with a bit of searching, but they may be able to request access to the official standard via Victron distribution, which would enable to them to create a suitable comms profile that works with the victron ecosystem. Ultimately it is up to them to test this all works.

Alternatively, you could install a shunt and operate the system via more traditional voltage/current control, based on the battery specs.

0 Likes 0 ·
intrerio avatar image intrerio nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

I'm reply your msg to the factory. Thank you. Now they told me that I need to buy Convertor RS485 to RJ45 Industrial and this item will make me happy but I don't know is it true. How you thinking?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ intrerio commented ·
This is an unknown and unsupported battery, I can't give you advice on whether it will work or not. There is a lot more to it than an RJ45 connector.

Victron only supports CAN. There are third party driver's - Louis' has one in the modification section which allows for RS232 and RS485 communications, but it is unsupported, though used by many end-users who's batteries have been integrated with it. It might be worth asking ZTT which BMS they use, it may be a more common unit which has been previously integrated.

(sorry, I appreciate there are some translational issues)

0 Likes 0 ·
intrerio avatar image intrerio nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
BMS058 but I'm not found any info about it. Ok. I will try to find solution with manufacture. Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources