question

blackjack avatar image
blackjack asked

Generator output ignored when Virtual Switch Ignore AC is active

I have a Quattro 24/8000, Color GX, BlueSolar MPPT 150/85. To maximize the input from the solar panels, I use the Virtual Switch Ignore AC (Ignore AC input shore power between SOC 70% and SOC 80%)

However, the output from my AC generator is also ignored when using the Virtual Switch Ignore AC.

Two questions:

is there a bypass possible to turn off the Virtual Switch, for instance in the Color GX display or using VictronConnect?

any suggestions setting the virtual switch so it ignores the shore power but accepts the generator power?

Solutions and ideas are appreciated!

virtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Blackjack

You could try using Assistants rather than VS (they can't be used together). A little more complex to set up, but more powerful. Has the IngnoreAC function too, but could be set up for exceptions. Might be possible from within, but I'm thinking an external signal hardwired to a Quattro Aux port. That signal could come from a Cerbo relay, a toggle switch, even the genset itself.

A test for your imagination. Plenty options, see what you can devise.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE Configure/Virtual Switch

Ignore AC input using the Generator Assistant