question

mike-r avatar image
mike-r asked

Inverter/charger radio button does not show up in VRM

Within VRM there is an option for “inverter/charger control”. I have this toggled on but when I go to the VRM dashboard the option to turn my Phoenix 12/800 inverter on or off does not show up. I have done some searching on the Victron community page and I see that there was an issue with this last year where the feature was temporarily removed, but it looks like that was subsequently restored. The inverter is connected to my Cerbo via a VE direct cable and otherwise works (works via remote console, MFD app, etc). My Cerbo and inverter are both running the latest firmware versions.

Anyone have any tips on what I might be missing?

1674950946918.png

VRM
1674950946918.png (169.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

You can not remotely switch power states on VE Direct inverters. What is available is for control of VE Bus inverter/chargers and inverters.

However, you could use the relay 2 in the Cerbo to control the remote port of your VE Direct inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike-r avatar image mike-r commented ·

thanks - an odd non-feature (and not documented that it’s only a VE.bus feature) by Victron since it is available via remote console. Appreciate the response.

0 Likes 0 ·