question

Ron Rosenberg avatar image
Ron Rosenberg asked

Cerbo won 't connect to LTE 4G

My Cerbo connects to wifi over Cat 5 with no issues. When I try to connect using the LTE 4G it will show full bars on the display, but will not connect over LTE. I just recently talked to a large reseller/installer that told me that there were some Cerbos made with a pair of circuit boards glued on inside. He said if these were installed horizontally instead of vertically the LTE 4G will not connect. I have not opened up my Cerbo to verify this. Just trying to figure out why mine won't connect with full bars when others do with the same SIM card.

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Early production Cerbo's had a problem with weak wifi signal. The fix was to re-orientate the wifi antennas.

Solution to Cerbo GX Wi-Fi issue when having the GX Touch connected .

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Ron Rosenberg

More details needed. What does the GSM menu in the Cerbo look like? Screenshots?

Did you follow the installation step-by-step as described in the manual?

Did you see the troubleshooting guide?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ron Rosenberg avatar image Ron Rosenberg commented ·
Sorry I got called away. Yes I have done all of your suggestions. I tried the standard repair of unplugging data and power for the Cerbo and LTE 4G and waiting. The second time I did this the LTE 4G actually connected for the first time. Perhaps one of the updates changed something. Thanks for your response.
0 Likes 0 ·