question

tomba12345 avatar image
tomba12345 asked

Orion Smart 12/12 30A non-iso: basic help for novice

screenshot-20230128-104503-comvictronenergyvictron.jpgHi,

I am very new to this. I've had a renogy lithium leisure battery fitted and the orion charger into my 2015 Peugeot Boxer, however the mesure battery just barely seems to be charging. There is 14+ volts coming to the charger when the engine is on, but the output maxes out at 12v, and the retained power in the battery is barely enough for an evening if very light use (an led light, occasionally the pump for the tap, that's it!), and not enough to run the diesel heater for more than ten minutes. I think I may just have some settings wrong but I've no idea what I'm doing - I've literally only downloaded the app today and done a but if research but got no further. Most obvious thing seems to be switching the setting to charger from power supply - is this right? And are any other settings incorrect? Please help, I'm in France and it's freezing! See pics.

Thank you thank you!

Tom.

orion-tr smartOrion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You need to set the function to Charger. When it is set to Power Supply like that it will max out at 12V as you observe.
Set the Function to charger and then go and have a look at the battery settings and confirm that they match whatever your leisure battery needs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomba12345 avatar image
tomba12345 answered ·

Thanks for your help. The default settings seem to be doing the job for the battery, and yes I'd evidently had the charger on the wrong setting!

2 |3000