question

dave-brannigan avatar image
dave-brannigan asked

Grid energy meter

I’m about to add a grid import meter to a system on a boat to show shore power consumption. the system comprises a Cerbo gx, a non Victron charger, two Victron mppt controllers and a smart shunt. To test the meter prior to install I hooked it up to my Rasberry pi setup at home. When configured as a grid meter, it actually displays to the right of the graphical Victron inverter charger as AC loads rather than the AC input to the left of it As I expected. Is this a peculiarity of doing this on a pi or is it going to be the same on the Cerbo. If so it’s not really an accurate representation. yes it will measure but the display is odd. Any ideas how to configure it differently?

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It would be the same result on a CerboGX.
It's the only AC sensor and so it is measuring the energy output of that meter as consumption. It has to be consumption because there is nowhere else for that energy to go. If there is no inverter / charger to make any other measurements, then this is the logical conclusion.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dave-brannigan avatar image dave-brannigan commented ·

Yes I see your logic, but surely as it is configured as a grid meter it should display as the import from grid? If I wanted it to display as AC loads there is an AC loads option in the configuration. In my case I accept they would actually read the same thing but for it to show dashes is odd (I think) The graph under the dashes show the same as that in the AC loads box but the digits are missing and in the remote console it is labelled as Grid Meter. Little bit of miss-match for me but I like your explanation.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources