question

saa4u avatar image
saa4u asked

Dead: Easy solar

Regarding Victron EasySolar 48/5000/70 MPPT 150/100 Color Control. How can I find out how Wiring and fuses is connected ? My EasySolar 48/5000/70 MPPT 150/100 will not start ! The fuse i can see in front is OK. But the Victron is dead. Not reacting at all. ! Are there something i have overlooked ? I have fed the victron with Battery / Solar cells / Generator without it turning on. The On/Off button is tested in all modes. The GX module receives 2.03 Volts. and doesn't answer either. Normally a relay turns on when there are power sources actively on, but mine is completely silent.

EasySolar All-in-Onegateway relay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@saa4u

Open it up. Things are very obvious when you do that.

Also if the CCGX is dead its fuse is also blown. So something catastrophic happened there. And the mppt?

The whole unit can be stripped and the mppt tested

But before you go that far... are you sure your battery just didnt trip from the high inrush current?

The CCGX needs at least 9 volts to start up.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

saa4u avatar image
saa4u answered ·

Hi ! THX Alexandra !!

CCGX Fuse ? Where can i find it, and is there any Diagram for the CCGX ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

It is usually on the power cable for the CCGX and it is a 3.15A slow blow fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·
saa4u avatar image
saa4u answered ·

Found CCGX GlassFuse and replaced it. But still no action in the EasySolar.... Maybe its in the MPPT as you mentioned. Time to break it down into components.. Are there some Diagram for Easy Solar on the net ? Or metrics/schedules that I can measure according to. Maybe just a Support/Workshop that can do this?

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Disconnect the CCGX from the multi first as a check. Pull the RJ45 cable out of the CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic