question

oscarck avatar image
oscarck asked

Manual/Schematic for "ancient" Atlas 24/1200?

I got an old unused Atlas 24/1200 inverter without documents for free and have been looking all over for a manual/schematic for it. I know it's efficiency and power quality is probably the worst compared to recent models, but for the usage I'm looking to use it, there win't be any problem. Anyone have a file somewhere, I checked the Victron Dropbox but can't find anything for this particular model.

Here is a picture of it, just to understand how old it is.

img-20220514-1003217242.jpg

documentation
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Maybe you already found this, but if not, then here are some manuals for old products:

https://www.victronenergy.com/old_manuals

But only similar models are there. The exact model you have is not included.

0 Likes 0 ·
oscarck avatar image oscarck seb71 commented ·
Yeah I found those, but nothing for this particular model, I also believe those are newer models.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ oscarck commented ·

This "newer" Atlas inverter dates from 1993.

Any manuals for anything older are not likely to be available as PDF's. You would be lucky to get your hands on a paper manual.

It would be interesting to know if it is still operational though :) .

0 Likes 0 ·
von-baron avatar image von-baron seb71 commented ·

Might be an idea to open it up and check the circuit board, especially look at the electrolytic capacitors for any signs of leakage from aging or sitting idle and depending the environment it was stored in, if it was warm to hot or humid.

Check for any signs of critters nesting and a general inspection of cables and connections of cables to circuit boards or terminals.

I would then, with a bench top power supply put a bit of pre-charge to certain electrolytic capacitors to essentially give them prior warning of being woken up with bigger battery supply.

When connecting t up, I would ware eye protection and do this in a safe work environment, in case something inside gets too excited and decides to fly into low Earth orbit.

But if all checks out, what a great find :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
oscarck avatar image oscarck von-baron commented ·

I had already opened it up, seemed to be in schmick condition, gotta test it with a power supply. Actually my end goal is to see if I can convert it to 12V input, that's why I was looking for a schematic, wanted to see if the final voltage conversion is made by gates or a transformer. Will probably have to reverse engineer it when I have some time.

Oscar

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 oscarck commented ·

Slim chance to none to get that kind of schematic.

0 Likes 0 ·
oscarck avatar image oscarck seb71 commented ·
Was thinking if it was made back in the old days, when machines came with schematics.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic