question

rubicon avatar image
rubicon asked

HDMI extension cable

Will a HDMI extension cable (not splitter) work with the Touch 50? I need to add a 15-20ft extension to the OEM cable to reach my Cerbo GX. If an extension cable can be used (not supported), should a standard HDMI cable be used or one with combined Ethernet included? Powering the USB with an extension is pretty easy.

touchscreen
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Rubicon

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/51944/can-i-use-hdmi-splitters-or-extension-cables-or-ex.html

What I have found works well is a cheap tablet that connects to the cerbo WiFi hotspot and has the remote screen up on display.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dwmarine avatar image
dwmarine answered ·

We have used HDMI female/ female adaptors and a normal 10metre HDMI cable to extend the length a few times now.

Everything has worked well. no issues.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@dwmarine

Does this include the touch?

If it does what extenders did you use?

0 Likes 0 ·
dwmarine avatar image
dwmarine answered ·

the HDMI female/ female adaptor is about 20mm long, basically, it's just a joiner that joins two standard HDMI cables together, Our local Victron dealer suggested this.

Sorry, don't have any photos. I have used powered extenders on other projects in the past, but this is cheap, easy and worked.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic