question

boitelratte avatar image
boitelratte asked

Was the VE.Direct consumer (TEXT) protocol completely disabled in the past?

In a recent discussion in a german forum, a victron dealer claimed that the VE-Direct consumer protocol was once completely disabled. According to my information, this isn't true, but the source of this claim raises some uncertainty now. Is this really true? Do I have to expect similar things in the future, too?

Best regards.

Gerd

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Gerd, I’m not sure which protocol is being referred too there.

for the VE.Direct Text protocol, as well as the HEX variant, I can confirm that they have not been disabled, and also no plans to do so.

I’m very happy with those easy text protocols. Even though now and then they get in our own way. So: we keep them.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boitelratte avatar image
boitelratte answered ·

The question was about the text protocol, as mentioned in the headline, i don't need any information that is only available in HEX-Mode. Thanks a lot for your answer, and many thanks to the guy who published the reference code, this made life a lot easier for me.

Best regards

Gerd

2 |3000

Related Resources