question

xenith avatar image
xenith asked

Set System Voltage (BlueSolar MPPT 150|35) through Cerbo GX

I have a Pyolontech US5000 (48V) battery and a BlueSolar MPPT150|35 connected via ve.Direct to a Cerbo GX (Firmware 2.92).

For testing I first connected the Cerbo and the MPPT (battery side) to a lab power supply at 31V (highest voltage possible). I expected, that I can configure the MPPT through the Cerbo (that was why I invested in the Cerbo).

Especially I relied on this to adjust the battery voltage to 48V after my testing. I have seen somewhere that the BlueSolar MPPT 150|35 may get damaged if it has detected e.g. 24V and is then connected to a 48V battery.

Unfortunately I can not access the battery voltage setting of the MPPT through the Cerbo GX web interface.

Neither am I able to connect to the MPPT via the Victron Connect mobile app. To me the webpage suggested that at least either of the two should be possible (otherwise I would have gotten a SmartSolar).

How can I now safely proceed with connecting my battery (CAN and charger connection) to the BlueSolar MPPT 150|35 that may have auto-configured to 24V?

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxbattery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

It should work with VictronConnect, but use the VRM tab (so via your Cerbo GX).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P2W4FmTvbY

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xenith avatar image
xenith answered ·

Exactly this is what I was expecting. Unfortunately also in VRM tab of victron connect app , I only see the Cerbo GX and not the BlueSolar MPPT 150|35 (Firmware 1.54).

This is although the Cerbo (Firmware 2.92) receives information from the MPPT (Battery Voltage, Firmware Version etc).

I get mainly information, but can not configure the battery.

Also VRM in the dashboard shows the MPPT:

vrm-dashboard.png

vrm-dashboard.png (31.4 KiB)
2 |3000

xenith avatar image
xenith answered ·

UPDATE: I now restarted the system after enabling "two-way connection" for VRM and after some time the VRM online portal offered me a firmware fpdate for the MPPT.

After the update (v1.61) I now see the device and can configure it in VictronConnect in the VRM tab :-D

Thank you and CLOSED

2 |3000