question

sebastian-w avatar image
sebastian-w asked

Where do I get Latest Firmware Version for Multiplus 12/3000/120-16

Think topic says it all.
Where do I get the newest firmware for the MultiPlus.

Current is 2609430.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello Sebastian,

Here is the guide to updating firmware on Multiplus:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

This will be improved to be a much simpler procedure shortly, but for now it is intended for those with training.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sebastian-w avatar image sebastian-w commented ·

How do I tell which version I need?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ sebastian-w commented ·

Did you read that document? It is described -

• New firmware files are available from Victron Professional. To select the right file, check the firmware version which is in the product now. Look for a seven digit number (eg. 2654153) which you'll find printed on a sticker on the control board. The first four digits indicate the model, and must match the first four digits of the file you intend to upload.”

If you read that and it is not a clear enough description to understand, let me know and I will try to re-write it in another way.

0 Likes 0 ·
martinwinlow avatar image martinwinlow Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi,

Can the Firmware version not be found by simply opening VEConfigure and clicking on 'Target' in the menu bar and then 'Show Software Version'? If so, why doesn't 'Software' read 'Firmware' (confusing)? Again, if so, is this action also available within the newer configuration software VEBusQuickConfigure? Unfortunately, I cannot get that software to work with my Mk3-USB (VE.Bus to USB) dongle despite the fact that it works with VEConfigure nominally...

Also, do I understand that having bought 2 Multiplus-IIs some 18 months apart and with one reporting 'Software' (firmare) version 2623478 and the other 2626456, that it will not be possible to configure them to work in parallel even with a firmware update? I say this as the config software states that both MP-IIs must have identical firmware versions and clearly that is not possible if the first 4 digits on one is '2623' and the other '2626'...?

Lastly, in terms of what the correct latest firmware version is for the 2 above MP-IIs, can someone please confirm that the required config files are 2623490 and 2626456 respectively (found under 'VE.Bus (Multis, Inverters and Quattros)' > '26 - 230VAC Products with large microprocessor' > '400 Assistant firmwares'...)?

MW

Isle of Colonsay

Scotland

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw martinwinlow commented ·

Do you have a GX device and is your system connected to the VRM portal? You can now do upgrades via VRM which will identify the correct firmware. Also, consider using VictronConnect with your phone and an adapter for the mk3 dongle. Again it identifies the latest firmware which is actually embedded in VictronConnect so field upgrades are easier as long as you update it regularly. You have very much answered your own question with regards to parallel installation is not possible with different product version numbers. Finally, the most up to date versions of firmware is indeed in located where you found it.

0 Likes 0 ·