question

rrofes avatar image
rrofes asked

Adjust scheduled charging current?

Hi,

Is there a way to set the charge rate (drawn from grid) in ESS scheduled charging?

When I activate scheduled charging the system starts to charge batteries at its maximum current capability and this exceeds the power of my contract, so the company meter opens the circuit because of maximum power exceeded.

I have two multipluses 5000 48 working in parallel and 21.6kWh batteries.

Thanks community!

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@rrofes

Reduce the input current limit to be under the incoming limit.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Remeber to make it half as you have a parallel system, so two units draw that power.
0 Likes 0 ·
rrofes avatar image rrofes Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi @alexandra! I think this was just the tip I needed: thanks!!!

So if the maximum power I can drain from the company is 9.2KW (40A @ 230V) then you suggest to put "input current limit" parameter to 20A? This sounds a bit strange to me because all parameters under "inverters" menu seem to be refered as a global for the whole system. Could you confirm? :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
rrofes avatar image rrofes rrofes commented ·

I answer myself: I made some tests and have seen that this parameter "input current limit" is for the whole system, so in my case to obtain a drain of 9200W I have to adjust it at 40A.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ rrofes commented ·

@rrofes

My apologies, it does automatically divide in a parallel system using the GX.

I was thinking of the setting on each unit on the phase. Ideally there you should divide the max of the incoming for each unit. So 40A max incoming would mean a setting on 20A on each unit.

0 Likes 0 ·