question

victronmpptdiy avatar image
victronmpptdiy asked

Lithium LifeP04 charge profile from 75/15 MPPT controller

I have installed a Lithium battery. when I select the charge profile from the factory preset for the LifePo4. it shows the max charge voltage is only 14.2, and float charge voltage is 13.5. My battery label says the max charging voltage is 14.6. However, If I modify the factory preset LifeP04 to 14.6 V, then the prefile changed to User defined. Just wondering what should I do? If I keep using the factory preset 14.2 v only, will the battery get fully charged? what is everyone's setting for your Lithium battery?

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stuart Smith avatar image
Stuart Smith answered ·

I charge to 14.0V. On my 560Ah 12V pack, there is only about 1Ah between 14.0V and 14.6V. It's not worth taking the cells close to their maximum voltage. I float at 13.35V which is only 3.3Ah down from the charge at 14.0V. It's switched to user defined as you have modified its default profile. There is nothing wrong with using the user defined profile. If you need the small extra capacity available at 14.6V, you can use it, but I've kept mine nice and conservative as I intend my batteries to last longer than I do.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources