question

Peter B. avatar image
Peter B. asked

Connect venus gx and smart meter ET340

Hey, i realy New in victron and i have a question.

Can i connect a smart meter ET340 wichtig victron venus gx?

I plugged a Networks Kabel to the ve bus and to the et340 but Notting would Do.

Thx

Peter

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Peter B.

Yes, you can though not via a network cable. You'll need to connect it via a RS485 to USB interface to your GX device. I suggest reading the manual for the ET340.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter B. avatar image Peter B. commented ·

Hey Stefanie thx for the Fast answer,

Can i make the cable self, What cable confection from usb is needed? Do you have an picture For me?

Thx

Peter

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Peter B. commented ·

It's not just a cable but an interface/converter. I strongly suggest using the interface linked in my above answer or search the community for a diy version (error prone and unsupported) if you have the technical skills to do so. This topic has been discussed before.

0 Likes 0 ·
Peter B. avatar image
Peter B. answered ·

Thx Stefanie, i have buyed a original cabel. But i have a second question, how i can i connect the multiplus2 to the venus gx?

2 comments
2 |3000

And to add to what @shaneyake said, I suggest also reading the Venus GX manual how to connect Multis/Quattros/Invertes (VE.Bus products) and the MultiPlus-II manual.

The connection also depends on your battery system, for example if a VE.Bus BMS is connected etc. I do not intend to come across unfriendly, and that is not my intention, but such general questions are difficult to answer because the conditions are unclear, experienced electrician or not, which system is installed, which batteries with which chemistry etc. In any case, it is always advisable to contact a professional installer.

1 Like 1 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
Ethernet Cable, using the VE.Bus ports.
0 Likes 0 ·