question

klann avatar image
klann asked

regulate load from Orion and mppt

Hello, a quick question, in an installation I am going to feed a battery through an orion (car alternator) and an mppt regulator through solar panels.
I will also put the smart shunt at the battery input.

The question is, when the car is running, the battery will receive a charge from the orio and the mppt, it can be configured so that between the two, an X amperage is not exceeded.

MPPT SmartSolarorion dc-dc
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Not without more equipment such as multiplus and GX device and DVCC enabled. Even then you have no control over the Orion. You can partially achieve what you want to do by adjusting the voltage setting in the different chargers.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klann avatar image klann commented ·

hello kevgermany, in addition to the orion and the mppt, I have the multiplus 12/1200/50, so that the multiplus appears in the victron connect app, could I put a VE bus smart dongle on it?

By reading the multiplus in the victron app, could I add it to the network that I have created with mppt and orion?

With all this could create a DVCC or something similar?

Greetings!

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ klann commented ·
Does the multiplus have built in GX device? If not you need to add a GX device to run DVCC.
0 Likes 0 ·
klann avatar image klann kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

ok, understood. I have been reading... and I think I prefer the CCGX. I understand that it only communicates with the rest of the devices via cable and not via bluethoot.

Will I be able to connect an orion tr smart 12-12/ 50?

0 Likes 0 ·
klann avatar image
klann answered ·

Ok Kevgermany! Thank you very much for your help

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron DC to DC Converters Product Range