question

semiraue avatar image
semiraue asked

Stop micro-cycles in pylontech us3000c

Hi All,

Recently I built new system with below victron SCCs and Pylontech batteries.

• 4x Pylontech US3000C
  • 1x Victron SCC 100/20-48
  • 2x Victron SCC 150/45
  • Victron Cerbo GX
  • Victron Smart Shunt
  • Dual Meanwell TS-3000 Inverters

My problem is after Pylontech reach to 100%, MPPTs are stop output power and inverters directly run from the Pylontechs. And after Pylontech discharged to 98%, Smallest MPPT start again and charge the battery to 100%.

This micro-charge discharge happening even with full sunlight and PV power is more than enough to handle the load.

How to stop this behavior ? How to keep using PV power in day time after batteries are full ?

I want to use batteries only after the PV power is not enough to handle the load.

1673413938859.pngAlso please note that the smart shunt is not act like a BMV. I manually set the BMV as Pylontech BMS in cerbo-gx.

1673414077097.png

Your input highly appreciated!

Thanks

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxPylontech
1673413938859.png (29.4 KiB)
1673414077097.png (27.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@semiraue

It will be the batteries causing the behaviour. They sometimes do that when they are balancing.

The other thing that may cause it is the fact that you are offgrid. Change the mppts profile to lifepo4, then tweak the voltages to match the pylon charge ones of 52 and 51.

Switch on has DC system since your inverters are not GX connected (so the system does not know they are there ir what they are doing). I assume that is what the smart shunt is for? and you want the mppts to take into account the loads rather that wait for the rebulk offset to trigger another pv cycle. Which is what they are doing now.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

semiraue avatar image semiraue commented ·

Hi Thanks the answer.

I forgot to mention that this is fully off-grid system. No grid power connected to the system at all.

Change the mppts profile to lifepo4, then tweak the voltages to match the pylon charge ones of 52 and 51. 

- I was under impression that if the DVCC enabled and BMS connected to Cerbo, All of these values are taken care by pylontech BMS.? I never set anything on the MPPT SCCs except the old 100/20 controller. But I created Bluetooth smart network and linked all of them to the same network. this is done before I purchase the Cerbo. Do I need to change anything on MPPTs now ?

Switch on has DC system since your inverters are not GX connected and you want the mppts to take into account the loads rather that wait for the rebulk offset to trigger another pv cycle. 

- I just switched on "HAS DC SYSTEM" but still all loads are powered by battery and MPPTs are throttled down. Do I need to reboot anything after setting this value ?

Also I have small LTE router / cctv NVR and synology box that directly connected to the 48V DC bus

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ semiraue commented ·
@semiraue

Set the mppts. What happens if the comms from the battery stop working?

0 Likes 0 ·