question

Jeffrey Wheeler avatar image
Jeffrey Wheeler asked

How many shunts can be used with a Cerbo GX

On my 46" sailboat, I have a bank of 4 AGM batteries, 840ah total, 1 wet cell start battery, a 5.5kw genset, 525w solar array and D400 wind turbine. There is currently an Outback Power systems MPPT charge controller, 2kw inverter and an old dual shunt. I would like to install a Cerbo GX and the appropriate number, and type, of shunts to see what the status and flow in and out of the house bank, start bat, wind gen and solar along with a future planned separate bow thruster/windlass battery bank. How do I manage all this? do I put a shunt on every battery bank? what about the wing generator? Thanks for any help!

lynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

With the cerbo gx you can do up to 3 ve.direct devices, but you can add more using a USB hub and ve.direct to USB adapters. Someone else will chime in and tell you the limit to the number of devices but I believe it's way more than what you need given your current setup.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jeffrey Wheeler

The maximum number of ve direct devices that can be connected is 15.

screenshot-20230111-080823.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic