question

mcpsych61 avatar image
mcpsych61 asked

LC8000AS - Renegade 8KVA 13HP Electric Start Generator - compatibility with 24/3000/70

does anyone know if this generator can be hooked up to the victron autostart

generator auto start
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I've no idea about compatibility. There isn't an official list of compatible generators. There was a post somewhere some time ago saying most will work, preferably they have an AVR controlling them. Best talk to your Victron dealer.

This generator is much bigger than the multi. Will be very inefficient.

0 Likes 0 ·
mcpsych61 avatar image mcpsych61 kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
i dont want it for just the multi that i currently have- will be upgrading with a second.I also want to run airconditioning and currently that kills my batteries
0 Likes 0 ·
mcpsych61 avatar image mcpsych61 kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
talking to victron dealers has been the most unrewarding part of my offgrid experience- "yeh i think it should work"
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Mcpsych61

To use the "victron autostart", the genset will need to have remote start capabilities. My google suggests that it hasn't, so probably a challenge to set that up. Not that it can't be done, but unless you're prepared to get involved with the internal wiring of the genset panel itself, then the answer defaults to a no! All the Multi (or a suitable GX device) can do is provide it with an open/closed signal.

Then I'd ask if you're really prepared to leave the fuel valve on the petrol genset open all the time. Up to you, but I'm not with mine. So I don't use autostart.

If you're really just asking if the genset can feed the Multi, then the answer is "yeh i think it should work" (cut & paste). With an AVR it should be fine, but gensets can be quirky, and there may be further adjustments necessary in the Multi if you're unlucky.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.