question

myke0210 avatar image
myke0210 asked

Communications Connection Type BYD - CCGX - MPPT

Hi.

Why's it recommended to use the Venus GX to connect BDY-BMU to VE.Can1 and MPPT to VE.Can2? If the CCGX allows to connect the MPPT with VE.Direct1 and BDY-BMU to VE.Can?

Is it due to the processing or obtaining of CCGX data with the MPPT?

Thank you very much for your help.

MPPT 150/100Tr will be used

CCGX Color ControlBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Victron sells two types of MPPTs. One with a VECan connection and one with a VEdirect connection.

It is STRONGLY recommended to use VEdirect MPPTs with the BYD Battery on both the CCGX and the VENUS GX.

IF (and only if) you already have or must use the VECan version of the MPPT’s, then you should also use the VENUSGX instead of the CCGX so that you can have two CAN connections. One for the MPPT and the other for the BYD.

Full details about the configurations are available at the BYD and Victron manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jordifax avatar image jordifax commented ·

We have an installation with 11x Victron MPPTs VE.can and 12x BYD B-Box Batteries. We had a lot of trouble with the monitoring/communication using a Color Control GX. Now I see why...

So in this case, a Venus GX is the ONLY option to monitor/control MPPTs VE.can and BYD batteries? And will not give troubles if all the other procedures are followed?

We are traveling to South Sudan next week to commission the system and will take a Venus GX with us, but would like to have some confirmation, if possible?

Thanks in advance.
Jordi

0 Likes 0 ·
squelch avatar image
squelch answered ·

Hi Stewart,

On my case, we already bought a CCGX. What solution can you reccommend to see the BYD BMS and Bluesolar mppt with VE Can on CCGX?

2 |3000

wudycool avatar image
wudycool answered ·

Hello again,

i have same situation i have a ccgx from 2016 and ve can 70 a mppt (old aluminium modell) working fine but now i bought pylontech batteries becouse i thought it is easy to add.

they will arrive next week and i just want to know if the situation got better in the last years?How do i have to connect the ve can mppt and the batterie? where does the terminator goes to?Will there be two one in the ve can mppt and one in the batterie or how does it work?

Thank you for your help !

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BYD battery compatibility guide

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic