question

kleini avatar image
kleini asked

Consumption in VRM always only from solar, never from battery

I have ESS system with 3x MultiPlus 2 5000 in 3phase configuration, RS450/200 MPPT, self-build battery with Batrium BMS utilizing DVCC. Currently, the grid is not connected as I have mostly very little critical loads (less than 50W) and grid connection would have a setpoint of 50W and therefore consume more from grid than I have as loads most of the time. But there are times during the day and in the evening when I consume power and then mostly from batteries.

VRM unfortunately only shows, that all power from solar is immediately consumed:

consumption.pngI would have expected consumption in the evening until about 22:00 as I was working and had lights on. The following graph about AC comsumption is correct:

ac-consumption.png

So for consumption overview I would have excepted something similar as what I see in AC consumption. Why is that different? If that is fixable, how can I fix that?

Many thanks in advance!

VRM
consumption.png (140.3 KiB)
ac-consumption.png (54.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kleini avatar image
kleini answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Is the Batrium shunt set as the default battery monitor in your GX?

1 comment
2 |3000

kleini avatar image kleini commented ·

Yes, Batrium Shunt is configured as the default battery monitor in Cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

I can only see your post, but not the link (was in my notification email), and the answer a bit hard to find:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/79283/vrm-data-missing-battery-consumptionusage.html

hankm
answered · Mar 29 2021 at 11:36 PM

Hi,

Can you please turn off option "Has DC System" and then check if it is working, had same problem after turning it on.

Regards,

Hank

1 comment
2 |3000

kleini avatar image kleini commented ·
Thanks, found the same answer.
0 Likes 0 ·