question

carlos-pala avatar image
carlos-pala asked

Inverter on, DMC off, AC mains still getting power

Setup: In a Sprinter, converted to camper summer of 2020, I have a MPPT 100-15 smart solar controller charger, a non isolated 12-24-15 DC-DC charger, a 24-3000-70 inverter/charger, a 24-12-70 converter, a multiplus color control GX retail, and a digital multi control (the model with the toggle switch and the rotary limiter control switch); all Victron equipment.

All settings on all the equipment are as the van builder set them.

About three weeks ago, the 12-24-15 DC-DC charger stopped charging the batteries. App alternately indicates engine shutdown detected and/or, input/out-put lock out.

While I cannot confirm the precise timing, this problem (DC DC not charging batteries) occurred after testing the power mode (as opposed to the charger mode), while driving.

In the process of trouble shooting the lack of "alternator" charging and dealing with a sub-zero Artic Blast and the van not being winterized panic, I noticed the DMC was not illuminated when switched to charge only and connected to shore power to run heaters. Oh well, I thought, LED's burnt-out; mains were working, look into it later. Warmer temps are here and later is now. Discovered that with inverter on, but DMC off, mains still get power. This is obviously not right and increases the parasitic drain and with cloudy days predominant and alternator charging not working, batteries are only getting solar charging.

That's the back drop. The short question is: with DMC in off position, why are AC mains getting any juice?

To reiterate, this is not a new build and I didn't do it. Im a total dummy when it comes to all things electrical. Nothing in the setup changed in ~2-1/2 years.

Digital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic