question

jschack2505 avatar image
jschack2505 asked

MuliPlus 2000W Battery Requirements

I want to purchase the 2000W MultiPlus Invderter/Charger but the manual says it requires 350Ah-400Ah battery and I only have 200Ah lithium battery. Am I reading this correctly or will it work with my 200Ah lithium Battery? Thank you

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I am running a Multiplus Compact on two 100 AH batteries in parallel. So you should be OK.

The critical thing is to insure the batteries can supply the peak and maximum average current drawn by the Multi. If not, the battery's BMS will probably shut down or at least a low voltage warning may occur when the Multi is heavily loaded.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

northcaptain avatar image
northcaptain answered ·

I own a Multiplus 2000 and use it for all AC use and also a 110 V 7A watermaker. That 2000 can absorb more than 100A. It all depend of the usage you will do of the 2000. If it you never go over the capacity of your Lithium you'll be fine. It doesn't even mean if they are Lithium or AGM, it all depend on the usage and expectation you have. If it is for driving a TV set you'll be ok :)

2 |3000

jschack2505 avatar image
jschack2505 answered ·

Thank you Kevin. Allow my ignorance but I couldn't find what the victron manual requires for "Peak and max average current drawn by the multiplus? My battery is new, LiFePO4 and 100A BMS does that make any sense?? Sorry for my ignorance

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
Victron specifies limits in terms of volt-amps or watts. You can convert these numbers to approximate battery current by dividing by the battery voltage. For example 2,000 VA is 167 amps for a 12 volt system. I typically used the nominal battery voltage since it gives a higher current. (Actually battery voltage will depend on current drawn and SOC and could be as high as 14 volts (low current an full charge).)

If the battery you are using limits to 100 amps then you might not be able to use it with the 2000 VA Multi. My 100 AH batteries output 100 amps continuous and 200 amps for a few seconds and with two in parallel I get 200 / 400 amps.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic