question

satish avatar image
satish asked

Can the Interface MK3 - USB be connected to a switch with a USB/RJ45 adapter

I have acquired a Avaya network switch-box and would like to connect the MK3-USB adapter to the switch and then remotely connect my desktop on the top floor (wired connection to the switch). Firstly can the connection be made to the Network Switch and if yes will the existing Victron Direct sApp till work ?

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

No because switches only negotiate a link based on ethernet standards and will then switch packets, and VE bus is completely different.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

satish avatar image
satish answered ·

Thanks - The length of the cable (CAT6) from the basement to the top floor office is around 20m. I could use the CAT6 as an extension cable to the interface MK3-USB. Could the interface be at the basement end or would it need to be at the office end ?

I would like to keep the Victron gadgets in the basement if possible otherwise will keep MK3-USB in the office.

PREF6.pdfPREF7.pdf

pref6.pdf (9.8 MiB)
pref7.pdf (9.8 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
20m isn’t too far, keep the adapter attached to your pc and run a longish cable for the mk3. Remember you can’t connect a GX and a mk3 simultaneously, so the one has to be disconnected before you can use the other.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic