question

safiery avatar image
safiery asked

Multi RS Error 54 Fuses Blown No AC Out

error-54-fuses-in-multi-rs-cerbo-display.jpgerror-54-for-multi-rs.jpgerror-54-fuses-in-multi-rs.jpgonline-documentation-for-error-54-recently-publish.jpgThis is a really a problem solved, but one to be shared. The on screen error report may be misleading. The online documenation has the error listed and was the gide to solving the problem. Qudos to Victron for this recently updated document.. Our customer had an error 54 appearing on a Multi RS. The problem was the two 240V 15A white ceramic fuses inside had blown. Its a very simple fix. Our first on a Multi or Multiplus. Because the Multi RS is planar, the ride through current on overload or inrush is less than the metal donut transformers. As a result it is probably more susceptible to blown fuses. Can the trusted community comment on this hypothesis?

errorMulti RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
energie-utechnik avatar image
energie-utechnik answered ·

Hallo Safiery, ich hab seit 1 Stunde dieses Problem ich werde mich gleich einmal auf die Suche machen, wenn Du recht hast sag ich, wie gut ist das :).

Grüße Daniel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

As an update these fuses were increased in a hardware revision to 2x 250V 20A slow blow fuse 6.3m x 32mm, product Littelfuse 0326020.MXP

If a Multi RS that was shipped prior to this change blows its supplied 2 x 15A fuses, they can be replaced with those 2 x 20A fuses and this should resolve the error.

2 |3000

stefunko avatar image
stefunko answered ·

Can we use this information regarding hardware revision ( fuse replacement from Fast 15 A to Slow 20A) for model RS Smart Solar 48/6000 to?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Stefunko,

I believe it is the same situation for both Inverter RS and Multi RS.

I have asked an engineer to confirm it for me and will report back if I am wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Mutli RS Solar Datasheet

Mutli RS Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic